This document is an electronic record under Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes under applicable Indian laws. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Your use of www.pepperfry.com and all the web-pages, hyper-links, tools and services provided there under (hereinafter referred to as “the Website” which expression shall include and successor or replacement website) is governed by the following terms and conditions as applicable to the Website (“User Agreement”). This User Agreement shall come into effect upon your each visit or usage of the Website or upon your registration or upon you providing any information on the Website. In this User Agreement, you are contracting with Trendsutra Platform Services Private Limited, a company incorporated under Companies Act, 1956 with registered office at 101, Ackruti Corporate Park, LBS Marg, Kanjurmarg (W), Mumbai 400078 Maharashtra (India), hereinafter referred to as “the Platform” which expression unless the context otherwise require shall mean and include its successors, liquidators and assigns.
For the purpose of the User Agreement, Registered User / Visitor and wherever the context so require ‘You’ shall mean any natural or legal person who has agreed to become a member of the Website by providing Registration Data (as defined hereinafter) while registering on the Website as Registered User using the computer systems of the Website or who has used the Website without becoming a Registered User, and, in both the cases, accepted this electronic version / electronic record of the User Agreement. A Registered User has allocated himself a unique identification user name (“User ID” and “Password”) to become Registered User. The term and expression “You” shall, unless the context otherwise require shall and include your legal heir, receivers, successors, liquidators and permitted assigns.
As a Registered User, this User Agreement shall be effective and binding upon your ‘acceptance’. ‘Acceptance’ shall mean your affirmative action in clicking on ‘check box’ and /or on the ‘continue button’ and/or or any affirmative action as provided on the registration page or using or accessing the Website through logging in by Your third party website user ID and password including that of www.facebook.com, websites owned by Yahoo Inc. or its subsidiaries, Google Inc. or its subsidiaries, twitter or any other social media website as permitted on the Website or generally using the Website in any manner, with or without using Your User ID and Password. If you do not agree or are not willing to be bound by the terms and conditions of this User Agreement, please do not click on the “check box” and on the “continue” button or any other button and do not seek to obtain access to or otherwise use the Website.
Amendments to the User Agreement: The Platform may amend this User Agreement at any time by posting a revised version on the Website. The revised version will be effective at the time Platform posts it on the Website. You are advised to regularly check for any amendments or updates to the terms and conditions contained in this User Agreement.
Important Disclaimers: The following disclaimers by the Platform are the key to determine any relationship between You and the Platform for Your use of the Website and for Platform providing any services on the Website:
- Platform and its suppliers, affiliates and service providers provide the Website and services on “as is” basis and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory and specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. You expressly agree that your use of the Website is at your risk.
- Platform, its associates, affiliates and service providers and technology partners make no representations or Warranties about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, and/or timeliness of any content, information, software, text, graphics, links or communications provided on or through the use of the Website or that the operation of the Website will be error free and/or uninterrupted.
- The Platform provides certain independent services to facilitate the transactions between users of the Websites and such independent services may include listing management, warehousing services, logistics services, making available courier services and making available certain gems and jewellery certification services, payment facilitation through nodal bank(s) under applicable laws. You understand, agree and acknowledge that the Platform will engage independent third party service providers to perform these services. The Platform may on reasonable efforts basis procure ordinary industry standard warranties from these third parties. You further understand, agree and acknowledge that the Platform will not be held liable or responsible towards You or towards any person claiming under or through You for any actions, commission, omission, misconduct, fraud or negligence (whether in contract or tort or under public policy) of these third parties unless such actions, commission, omission or negligence of the third party is attributed to a direct cause of misconduct and gross negligence of Platform and in such an event the total aggregate liability of the Platform shall be limited to the extent provided in the clause titled “Limitation of Liability”.
You agree that the aforesaid disclaimers shall be in addition to any other disclaimers given in this User Agreement.
When You use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to the Platform, You agree and understand that You are communicating with the Website and Platform and all other Registered Users and Visitors through electronic records which are legally identifiable and enforceable, and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from the Website, Platform and all other Registered Users and Visitors and as and when posted, communicated or required.
Service of Notice: The Registration Data and email ID or Your account details of the third party website through which You register with the Website will be construed as Your ‘designated electronic address’ and the Platform, Website, other Registered Users, Visitors, third parties and law enforcement agencies will communicate with You on your designated electronic address which will be deemed adequate service of notice / electronic record.
By impliedly or expressly accepting this User Agreement, You also accept and agree to be bound by various policies of the Platform as provided from time to time in various hyperlinks on the Website.
Use of the Website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under Indian Contract Act, 1872 and any other applicable law for this purpose. Persons who are “incompetent to contract” within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 and any other applicable law for this purpose including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Website. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a member of the Website and shall not sell, purchase or bid for any items on the Website. As a minor if you wish to purchase or sell an item on the Website such purchase or sale may be made by your legal guardian or parents who have registered as users of the Website. Platform reserves the right to terminate your membership and refuse to provide you with access to the Website if it is brought to Platform’s notice or if it is discovered that you are under the age of 18 years or are otherwise “incompetent to contract”. If you are registering as or on behalf of a business entity, you represent that you are duly authorized by the business entity to accept this User Agreement and you have the authority to bind that business entity to this User Agreement.
On registering with Pepperfry, you immediately get one coupon worth more than Rs 10,000 in your email inbox to shop on Pepperfry.
This coupon is valid for 3 days and provide below benefits:
- Extra 25% off (up to Rs. 10,000/-) on any purchase, applicable on Furniture, Home Decor, Furnishings and Lamps & Lighting. This will not be applicable anywhere else apart from items aforementioned.
- The coupons mentioned will not be applicable on Be Free from MRP Products.
- You can save your favorite products in ‘My Wishlist’ for easy purchase in future
- If you choose to, you can get regular updates on the new arrivals, offers and relevant information for you
As a registered member of Pepperfry, you do not need to enter your details like address every time you order. It is saved in My Account.
- You can track all your orders by logging in to My Account with user email id and password.
- You can save your favorite products in ‘My Wishlist’ for easy purchase in future.
Once you complete the Sign-Up (registration) process you will get a welcome email on your registered email id along with the registration offer voucher codes. In case you do not find the email, please check your spam/ junk mail box. These registration coupon is of limited validity and should be used within 3 days of Signing Up on Pepperfry.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
If you use the Website as Registered User, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User ID and Password. You are responsible for all activities that occur under your User ID and Password. You agree, inter alia, to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by Website registration form or provided by You as a Visitor or user of a third party site through which You access the Website. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete or Platform has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or not in accordance with the User Agreement, Platform has the right to indefinitely suspend or terminate or block access of your membership with the Website and refuse to provide you with access to the Website.
You hereby grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights you have in Your information, in any media or medium now known or developed, produced, invented or used in future, with respect to Your information.
Fees and Services
Membership on the Website is free. Platform does not charge any fee for browsing, bidding and buying on the Website. However, before you list an item for sale through the Website, You shall be subject to such Platform fees as mentioned in the Platform Fee Policy (“Platform Fee”). You are recommended to review Platform Fee each time before listing any item for sale on the Website. Platform reserves the right to change its Platform Fee and/or Platform Fee Policy from time to time. Changes to the Platform Fee and Platform Fee Policy shall be posted on the Website and such changes shall automatically become effective immediately after they are posted on the Website. Unless otherwise stated, all fees shall be quoted in Indian Rupees and be payable to the Platform within such time as specified in the invoice.